PACDA’s December event was wildly successful. We celebrated PACDA’s 2021 achievements, member benefits, and 2022 plans. In addition to entertainment and breakout sessions for networking, the session provided the following:
Intro to PACDA (it was a first-time event for many registrants)
We used the story telling approach of answering What, Who, Why, When, Where, and How questions to describe PACDA:
- What: A state Division of the premier professional organization for career coaches: National Career Development Association (NCDA).
- Who: Career Practitioners in outplacement, talent development, higher ed, K-12, workforce development, private practice, public/private agencies, and NFP settings.
- Why: Offer high quality, accessible, affordable professional development and networking opportunities to career services practitioners.
- When: Monthly programming.
- Where: Virtual for now (regional onsite programming post COVID-19).
- How: Committees and project teams governed by monthly Leadership Collaboration meetings (open to all volunteers).
Overview of PACDA Member Benefits
We offer our members an array of opportunities to develop, lead, and grow professionally. See a great infographic here: Why Join.
Future and Past Event Summary
- 2022 Plans: at least five events already posted to our website.
- Offered 11 PACDA programs in 2021: across four key categories (Labor Market Issues, Resources for Career Coaches, Support for Targeted Client Populations, and Job Search Best Practices) – Visit our Store.
- Discounted access to 40 partner events in 2021.
Ways to engage with PACDA
Regardless of your areas of interest or skill set, there are myriad ways that you can engage with PACDA as noted below. Learn more by completing the Volunteer Interest Survey or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Committees (Programming, Communications, Finance, Membership, Partnerships, Technology)
- Special Projects (Career Coach Directory, Volunteer Engagement, Fundraising, Sponsorships, Member Survey)
Recognition of PACDA and Partner Volunteers
Like many professional organizations, volunteer participation drives PACDA’s success and we recognized the 35 volunteers who contributed to our 2021 achievements as well as those who contribute to our 10 partner organizations’ operations.
Plans for 2022
PACDA’s strategic focus in 2022 is on member value enhancement (membership growth, exceptional programming, and expanded resources). We remain committed to: